Tuesday 21 April 2009

The joys of being lost

After Saturdays car journey i made some interesting observations. Firstly i rely on technology far too heavily and seem to have lost or have never even obtained some basic skills such as map reading. The problem could have been resolved straight away with a quick phone call but i actually preferred our way. OK the extra length of the journey couldn't have been good for the environment or my wallet but it was fun. I got to see places of a city that i hadn't seen before (I lived there for 3 years during my undergrad course) and met a few people on the way. When added up, i spoke to 11 extra people that day in what I'm gonna call 'micro conversations' (I apologise if this phrase has already been coined, but it seems to fit) It was good to see that there are loads of nice people out there willing to help others, even if they don't have the answer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment